Friday, August 30, 2013

2013 Fall update

So many things have happened here this year! First of all, Diamond Rio Peppy now has a new owner, the young lady who I had put his first rides on. They suit each other and Rio will be hitting the show pen in the future- look for this pair in the Cowboy Up Challenges, and maybe even in some English classes and Western Dressage in a few years.




Rio did well at the trainers, and will get some time off to grow up this fall, then Shayla will have a lot of fun with training him next spring.
Shining Midnight Moon, aka Nitro, was sold as a weanling, and resold to a friend of ours and has come back here to live.  He is a long yearling now and what a beautiful boy he is!
His owner has decided to leave him as a stallion for at least another year, and the plan is to test breed him to Gussie next year. Once he goes into training, the goal is to get him well broke and then see if he has an aptitude for speed events.

Coyote Belle fooled me this year- the first time I haven't been present when she foaled (11 AM!) and I got home from work to find a lovely black filly, all dried off, standing and nursing. I named her Stella Belle Peppy, and she is the long awaited black filly I have wanted.This was my first sight of her:
She is  really a sweet filly, easy to work with, friendly and curious.



I'm really pleased with Stella and plan to keep her for my personal riding horse.
I have an update on Midnight Coyote, aka Kai,  the folks who bought him resold him to a family, and he is 3 now. They have been doing the ground work on him but haven't ridden him yet. They say he has the same sweet attitude that the other siblings do, no surprise there!

The other full sibling to Kai, Rio, Nitro and Stella is Sparkle N Peppy, aka Jazz. She is 4 this year, and was sent to the same trainer as Rio.
I'm hoping to get photos next year of Jazz and Rio being ridden together- the first time I will get photos of Beamer babies together under saddle.
Coyote Belle has been bred back to Beamer for a 2014 foal- and if you want one of these beauties, I suggest speaking for it now, or shortly after it's born.

My red roan mare, Gussie, unfortunately gave birth to twins this year.... they only lived two days. There was a black colt and a red roan filly. It was heartbreaking to have them for such a short time. I have been riding Gussie a lot this year, she is such a nice mare, and I plan on getting her going on the Cowboy Up challenge shows- we hosted one here in Creston this year and I hope to have her ready for next year's show.
Here we were practicing the teeter totter bridge...
and here is her real opinion of it... we have a lot of work to do!

Chickory was sold to Fleetwood Farms in Alberta before she foaled, and she gave birth to a beautiful sorrel filly. When the owner found out that I had lost Gussie's twins, he very generously gave me Chickory's filly. We picked her up in mid August at 5 months old, and put her in with Stella for weaning. She's a beauty!
I registered her as Joleo Peppy, barn name is Josie- or Little Jo, as she is much smaller than Stella! She is all sorrel with only a tiny snip between her nostrils and a few white hairs on her forehead. She is for sale. This is one athletic filly, her cutting blood is really showing up in her. I'll do a separate post on her, complete with pedigree.


No comments: